☀️ SUMMER LOCAL TABLES ARE HAPPENING NOW. Details here. ☀️
WHAT ARE LOCAL TABLES?
Local Tables are the heart and soul of The Local Church. Local Tables are gatherings of friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, and people who are about to become your friends. At your Local Table, you’ll share a meal, talk, listen, be encouraged, and make friends who become like family. No matter where you are on your spiritual journey, Local Tables give you the opportunity to lean in, listen, and know you’re not alone. You’ll start to see things you didn’t before and encounter God in new friendships, stirred hearts, and serving the community. This is how the movement of Jesus began generations ago, and this is how it continues right here and right now.
WHY LOCAL TABLES?
The Acts of the Apostles in the Bible tells the story of the Church in its infancy. After Jesus dies and is resurrected, the story goes that he ascended into heaven and then, a few days later, sent his Spirit upon the gathered community. The story talks about the Spirit — the Holy Spirit, the very presence of God — coming like wind and like fire, falling on those who had been following Jesus. And when the dust settled and things stopped shaking, those who had received the Spirit responded by continuing to gather. They gathered in small groups and told stories, shared meals and shared their lives, prayed with and for one another, and went about the work of being the hands and feet of Jesus in their community: It all started around a table. At the Local Church, what we call Local Tables carry on this tradition.
“The believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, to the community, to their shared meals, and to their prayers. A sense of awe came over everyone. God performed many wonders and signs through the apostles. All the believers were united and shared everything…” Acts 2:42-44 (CEB)
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- You’ll gather twice monthly to share a good meal. (It will be provided for you.)
- Kids are welcome. (We’ll provide childcare, too.)
- We can’t promise there won’t be cheesy icebreakers, but we’ll do our best to avoid them.
- We will provide some meaningful conversation starters. (It would be awkward if no one talked…)
- Outside of the twice-monthly gatherings, your Local Table will also serve together in some capacity in the community at least once per month. (And your Table gets to pick!)
- You will make new friends, talk about holy stuff, create meaningful relationships, pray for one another, and make a difference in the community and around the world. The best part? We think we’ll all be changed along the way.
WHY DOES THIS MATTER?
In a world fraught with division, isolation, and hyper-partisanship, we believe that the simple act of gathering together to listen, learn, love, and serve can save our lives and change the world. Now more than ever, we need to know our neighbors. We need to live and love local.
Come take a risk — and be part of a Local Table. You can thank us later. All are welcome, and if you're interested in learning more about hosting, click here.